~~~~~~~~~~~~ Don't Forget To Like Us On Facebook, Follow Us On Twitter, And Vote For Us ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 20 May 2011

Young Mutley and Frankie Gavin square up

West Bromwich’s Young Mutley and Birmingham’s Frankie Gavin today set the scene in the Black Country
for their all-West Midlands super-fight next week.


The two welterweight rivals came head-to-head at a press conference at the Bellagio Ristorante Italiano on Seagar Street in West Bromwich.

Mutley and Gavin will square off for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental title over 12 rounds on the big Sky Box Office bill at London’s 02 Arena next Saturday night.

Britain’s only world amateur title winner meets the Black Country’s former British champion and Mutley – real name Lee Woodley – promises it will be explosive.

He said: “It’s going to be good fight, I am fit and ready to go. Hopefully I can bring that belt back to West Bromwich.

“Gavin won’t know what hit him.”

But Gavin, undefeated as a pro, doesn’t think his record is in danger.

He said: “I am going to win, I am really fit and as strong as I ever felt. I am not sure he’s even going to hit me, never mind knock me out.”

Also at the 02, West Bromwich’s Marcus Portman takes on undefeated Commonwealth Games gold medallist Jamie Cox in a light middleweight eight-rounder.

Portman said: “He’s an aggressive lad with a good record, but I have the experience to get the job done.”

Cox added: “I am looking forward to it, it’s a live opponent and a big fight.”



No comments:

Post a Comment